M.L.C.A. History – 1951

 In 1951 the new President, Harry Marling started to shape up the club grounds. One thousand pines were planted on the west side of the rifle range to be used later to beautify and landscape the property. Small game committee made huge strides in establishing small game by planting certain shrubs, etc.
This year saw Multi- Lakes flourish socially; “Social Conservation” it was called because it afforded the monies with which we could promote the many conservation programs the club was sponsoring.
Happy with the new publication, the officers and board proceeded to fill it with news of the many club functions and important official decisions they wished to convey to the membership. Some of these were:
Setting up a new and efficient bookkeeping system and have it audited quarterly by a professional auditing house.
Formation of a House and Grounds Committee Chairman and set up a set of house and grounds rules to be posted in the club house and published in the Multi-Laker.
Membership closed after reaching the 800 limit and all future applications to be acted upon in order received, when vacancies occur.
Fund-raising envelopes were installed by the treasurer, board permission, for use in submitting results of fund raising projects.
Application for re-incorporation with the State Corporation and Security Commission, necessary to perpetuate our club charter as a non—profit organization.