M.L.C.A. History – 1948

In 1948 George Wilbon became President and started an auditing committee and incorporation. This year the small game committee attempted to raise 2,000 pheasants from eggs. The rifle committee started teaching juniors firearm use and safety. Classes every night during the week and on Saturdays. Fifteen boys were sent to the Conservation Camp at Ludington.
The Annual Fish Fry was held February 7th. Later this month saw the footing and basement walls of the new club house completed. On March 9, MUCC held the first meeting of associated clubs in our area – later known as District #7.
During the hunting season of 1948 many prizes were awarded to the lucky hunter who came home with proof of a record pheasant, grouse, deer or bear.