M.L.C.A. History – 1947

1947 saw the club become very prominent in MUCC as a regular financial contributor and enthusiastic participant in State affairs of good conservation.
Locally, we stocked Reed lake with small mouth-bass, sponsored the release of 300 hatched pheasant, and financed 15 boys and 5 young ladies to the summer camp at Lake Allegan.
Club improvements and activities included:
Fifth annual fish fry, March 2nd.
Present location of Rifle and Archery ranges were set up in present site.
Trap House was constructed and in operation in May.
Annual Dance held at Walled Lake Casino Aug. 6.
Board action installed the present double envelope system of inclosing ballots in annual Club elections.
Two registered rifle match shoots held on property.
By August of 1947 the club treasury boasted a total of $14,713.60 on hand.
Junior Conservation picked up in 1948 with the development of training programs in shooting and the handling of fire arms.