M.L.C.A. History – 1943

Waldo Proctor became the second President and during his term came our first picnic. Further ground work and a membership that was growing by leaps and bounds, made it necessary to move from one meeting place to another. We finally obtained permission to meet at the Twin Beach Country Club. Twin Beach would only accommodate 300 men so talk started about obtaining a place of our own.
On May 18, 1943 the name of the Club was changed to “Multi – Lakes Conservation Association of Oakland County”.
In June, the first delegates were sent to the MUCC annual convention.
In September, fifty dollars was donated in support of MUCC.