M.L.C.A. History – The First Fifty Years
On the evening of March 18, 1942, a group of local sports-loving citizens of the Oakland County lake area met in the Walled Lake High School gym to start a Sportsman Club. Nearly one hundred and twenty men met to hear Harry Gaines, Executive Secretary of Michigan United Conservation Clubs, explain the need and advantages of such organizations in the State. Following Harry’s talk, Joe Long, temporary chairman, conducted the election of officers and Board of Directors, for a term of six months, and dues were set at one dollar per year. Harry Gaines spearheaded the membership drive by producing a dollar and becoming the first member. Fifty-one others followed his example.
Old Multi-Lakers now online – Click Here – to download
Please note that this is a work in progress. We’ll be updating pages as we get more information. Check back from time to time, as we add photos and other memorabilia